Friday, June 18, 2010

Welp, I'm going on the bike tour now!


My use of the English language has deteriorated into a few words and phrases (like the time I couldn’t stop saying “No Doubt!”). Everything we have done in the past week has led me to proclaim, “Welp, I’m going on the bike tour now!” Many of the things we did entered the There’s-No-Turning-Back-Now chapter of the bike tour.

This is how it went . . .I cut my hair. OFF. “Welp, I’m going on the bike tour now!”

The length of my hair is now measured in millimeters. My hair looks like it has sustained some serious wind tunnel testing. It also looks very surprised.

When I was little, my mom once suggested I cut my hair into a bob. When I got home from the salon, I took about four showers that night, thinking I could somehow stretch my hair into a longer length. Welp, I’m also here to report that that method still does not work.
(Although the lack of hair does make packing for the bike tour much easier. I no longer need a comb, or hair product, or conditioner, or . . . a mirror.)

I canceled all the utilities and changed my address with the post office. “Welp, I’m going on the bike tour now!”

We loaded a 17-foot U-Haul and I drove it across the entire state of Ohio. “Welp, I’m going on the bike tour now!”The loading and unloading brought many pinched fingers, strained muscles and a fall down a small flight of stairs (surprisingly, the faller was not me!). But everything is now successfully in storage. Yeah!

Sssssiiiiggggghhhh. That’s one huge sigh. This past seven days has been one big ball of stress and nonstop doing. I’m happy to say that we are leaving in two short days!

Brooke

Drive U-Haul, lose hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment