Saturday, June 12, 2010

You're down, then you're up

Yesterday was a roller coaster ride of emotion for me.

In the morning, I left my cat with her foster mom, Melissa Corliss. I’d have to say that this was the hardest thing I have had to do thus far in preparation for leaving. Melissa C. is one of the most amazing people I have ever met and I know Agnes will have a good home with her . . . but I’m worried that Agnes is confused and upset. If you are not a cat person, that last sentence probably has you rolling your eyes, but I am a cat person and I KNOW Agnes misses me. I really, really love cats.

Sometimes I can be the quintessential Cat Lady. When I was little I never wanted to be a doctor or teacher or princess. When I grew-up, I wanted to be a Cat Lady. Have I mentioned that I love cats? To illustrate that point, let me share with you one little known fact about me: my most favorite Christmas present ever was a subscription to Cat Fancy. Each month, I would tear the cat/kitten centerfold out and tape it on my closet door.



Yesterday was also my last day of work. As I sit here and type this post, I am unemployed. It’s both a little frightening and exhilarating. My co-workers had a Going Away Party for me last night. Their generosity and kindness blew me away. When I got home I read the card they had given me, and their kind words made me cry. The people you work with become family. To everyone at Nationwide, I will miss you more than you can believe and I am grateful to have met each and every one of you.


Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Cat Fancy - I forgot how much you liked that subscription!

    ReplyDelete